Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jazzing It Off on the Amazing Race


I've been meaning to post about this, while I work on more Trot for Spot pictures..So both places I work out at had exercise promotions going on. Jazzercise had an eight week program where we weighed in each week and whomever lost the biggest percentage of their weight won a free month's dues. The winner lost 11%, I came in second losing 7% of my body weight and got a gift card for Jazzercise merchandise. I lost around 10 lbs and sure needed to after gaining back my 8 lbs I lost in 'Lose 8 Feel Great' back in December. It is crazy to me how fast you can gain weight. 10 lbs is so easy to put on, but so hard to take off. Now that I have lost it, I think I need to lose another 3-5 lbs. Everyone is always talking about losing weight, but I think you have to have some goal in mind. My main goal is to look good in a bikini and not having to 'suck in' all the time. One of Tony's Seattle teammates named it best with the term 'hangover'. Yes hangover refers to what hangs over a girl's pants or panties for that matter.I don't want ANY hangover!! I could care less about a number on a scale as long as I don't have to hold in my tummy all the time. That's my main goal, so another 3 lbs will sure help. Isn't it terrible that you have to lose 'all over' to make a dent where you want to? I'm really working at getting toned up and in good 'heart' health. I love my workout routine right now, I think I mix it up a lot with a combo of Jazzercise, BootCamp, Trekking and Coreball. I'm working on adding a Pilates or PiYo (Pilates/Yoga-new at CAC)...The Amazing Race at Cordova Athletic Club had me trying some new classes. The point of it was to do 20 classes in 14 days. I sure did it and didn't miss out on my Jazzercise classes that didn't count. So I did 28 classes in 14 days ;) After completing them I realize that I do about 10-11 each week!! Yep and I'm still not wasting away or anything....

1 comment:

Me in Memphis said...

Oh my, hangover sounds terrible! :) Muffin top sounds more appealing. Good luck on the weight loss! I think as women get older, it's a never ending issue. At least for normal, nonsupermodelesque women :)