Monday, April 27, 2009

Andrea's Birthday..and Jennifer's, and Katie's and Avery's...


We went out on Tuesday for Andrea's 32nd birthday. Jennifer's was the Monday before, and Katie and Avery's were the next day, so it was a big birthday celebration on Andrea's actual day We picked up Shannon and Andrea and headed to Silly Goose for their $2 Tuesday's Specials. Well they were somewhat crowded, but no one seemed to want to hurry and get us drinks before our 7pm reservation at Sauces. I was super disappointed, bc we had such a good time here for Valentine's Day. We waited about 20 minutes for our drinks after ordering them, watching the bartender hug female customers and our waitress hang out with other guests.It was so frustrating when you are in a hurry and JUST WANT A DRINK! I guess Silly Goose has turned into a spot where regulars are taken care of and well those of us that live out in the 'burbs and don't frequent everyday, can't get much service. So....we left. Debating on whether or not to try ol Silly Goose again, we will see...We made it to Sauces just in time for their Happy Hour ($5 Mojitos. $3 Wells and $2 Beers) and finally got a drink! I ordered a starter drink of Cranberry/Vodka and a Mojito bc I knew the Mojito would take awhile to make. Pretty good Mojito for north of Miami, better than the last time we were there. After drinks we went downstairs for our meal. Tony and I got the 2 Ribeyes and 2 Sides from the $25 Stimulus Plan Menu. It was wonderful!! It took about 3 hours for 14 people to get through dinner, but it was nice catching up with everyone and well worth it. After dinner we walked a few blocks down the street to Bardog. I have really been wanting to go there, bc I have heard so much about it. It was a small bar with a basement and a couple of nice TV's, good enough to catch a little late NBA action. They had some good drink specials too and we had fun picking out music on the jukebox. I totally remember meeting the owner of the bar whenhe worked at Stella, bc we talked about his American Bulldog, which is Bardog's mascot. He had rescued him and I remember someone else at the bar had rescued a Pit Bull. I don't know why it didn't hit me until I went in there. So now I have to go back and get a Tshirt when they get more sizes in! Can't wait to go back to Bardog. I think all the Birthday people had fun, I know Andrea did! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Andrea's dark hair! Pass along a belated Happy Birthday from me.