Monday, March 16, 2009

Vintage Rock Wine Dinner


Friday night I had my first REAL meal in a week! I felt like I was doing a total redo from last Friday night....but this time I successfully made it to dinner and had one of the best steaks I have EVER had.  You are missing out if you haven't dined at Flemings. The theme was Vintage Rock, which is actually Classic Rock, probably the least known genre of music for me, behind Heavy Metal, or Death Metal or what ever they call it. I am so waiting for Hip Hop Night so I can win that trivia competition.  Courtney was great with the trivia, but we didn't win any of the top prizes, lot's of people in the crowd for sure were old enough to follow that type of music. I was there for the fun and the food. It was excellent! We started off with a goat cheese crostini, then some buffalo shrimp on a bed of greens, then the wonderful filet and finally a fudge brownie sundae. The food was paired with Champagne and Wine from Fleetwood Mac and the Doobie Brothers Vineyards. 


Amy, Kelly and me enjoying the wine pairings

The filet, yum, yum, yum...

Brett, Dana and Tony

Paige, Dana, Courtney and Kelly at the bar after the dinner

We were all so happy! Brett hooked us up with the wine glasses we coulda won with trivia, after many complaints..

No comments: