Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm getting married in 8 months!?!?

Ok, so wow time does really fly. I guess if we didn't have the whole selling the house, looking for houses, drama with closing and massive moving, then it might have been going smoother. But...we had all the house stuff in the middle of things, so I haven't had all the time to spend on it all.  I can say that this week I have gotten some things accomplished. I had already decided on our ceremony site and my our reception site, but I FINALLY actually signed the contract and sent them off on Monday. I also have the contracts ready to sign for our two guest hotels. I decided to go with a Marriott and a Hilton location which actually gave me the same great price at $99 a night for their rooms. The Hilton group sales manager is a sorority sister too! So I got to catch up with her too. I thought a lot of people do reward points and this way they have a choice, one is close to the ceremony site, the other near the reception site. And really only about a mile apart from one another as it is. And...lastly I just finally hit the check out button for our Save the Date magnets. Wow..I went through about 1000 pictures trying to decide which ones to use. I thought about getting professional pictures done and ones with the boys, but the magnet is going to be 3.5" by 4" and getting our heads in it and clear enough to make us out was tough enough. It was really fun to use their software and interchange pictures and stuff. Tony didn't like several of him and accused me of only picking pictures that I looked good in. Who me!? Well I picked at least one that I didn't 'love' of myself! ;) Just for you Tony. So my next two items that I want to have 'nailed down' by next month would be our photographer and our caterer. So I hope I can get those done before Christmas. Oh and maybe try on a wedding dress or two...If anyone has any other suggestions let me know...

2 comments:

The Ritters said...

Where did you decide to book the ceremony and reception? We booked John Black photography for our bridal, engagement and wedding pics. Loved him and his assts. Jen Adams (Woog) used him as well. We recently had a photo session with Bonifacio photography. Loved her too!

Kembree said...

Ceremony at the Amphitheatre at Worlds Fair park and Women's Bball Hall of Fame for reception. Allison Witt works at the Hilton..small world huh!? Thanks for the photographer suggestions. I might have my mom meet with some until we can get up there!!