Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ahmadinejad wins???

Well from what I had been hearing, I really thought he wasn't going to win this time around, but he did with 63% of the vote. As a Persian American, I wanted some change. I'm so tired of hearing all the negative media about my father's country for about all of my life. I just was hoping for some positive change that I kept hearing was coming for Iranians. I have never been to Iran and have really been wanting to go, not that I can't now, but it would have been nice to see and hear about some change over there and go and see it. I guess I'm not totally surprised, I was just optimistic for something different. 

1 comment:

ramblings_river said...

From all the coverage I've been reading, it's doesn't really sound like he won in the true sense of the word. Regardless, it sounds like change is coming eventually if the people have anything to do with it.