Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swagga Like Us


So much going on in the news and pop culture. The Michael Phelps thing is dead because really who cares. I think he should have done it in the privacy of his own home and not for someone to snap a picture of, but...A-Rod Roid use is now everywhere and so sad, but not surprising...all the Greats seems to have dabbled in a little somethin, somethin these days. But the worst of all of this is Chris Brown assaulting Rihanna. How sad is this? I'm a huge fan of both of their music. We saw Chris Brown last year in concert and it was fabulous. He was my teenager crush! I hate that this has happened to the both of them. What I really wanted to post was about the Grammy's. What a fabulous show, one of the best I have seen in awhile. I love music and it seemed like everyone I love performed. One of my highlights was the 4 best rappers of this time and always,  Jay-Z, TI, Lil' Wayne and Kanye West performing with MIA. I love Swagga Like Us, its in heavy rotation on my IPod. Great performance, the guys were dressed Rat Pack-esque but MIA, love her, but she looked horrendous! I understand that she was due to have her baby that day, but instead made this performance. She looked like a black and white lady bug or something. She almost detracted from this performance. Besides Kanye's 80's fro-mullet, who I could not find a picture of for some reason..the Rap Pack were on point.


Jay-Z and Chris Martin from Coldplay,...Jamie Foxx, Neyo, Smokey Robinson and the last living original member of the 4  Tops...Lil' Wayne and Robin Thicke (So glad Lil' Wayne won best rap album bc it truly was), Justin Timberlake and Al Green (reppin Memphis!)....Estelle and Kanye..but I think I have to say my personal fave was Justin Timberlake and TI performing Dead and Gone. TI is sooo talented! I hate that he was messin around buying some guns and is going to jail soon. He and JT were so in sync during that performace. I have to say that I like Katy Perry and what she's doing, she's a super cute girl, but her performance was boring and she just ran around the stage lost. I was one of the only people that watched the show from beginning to end I think, but it really help my attention, its still saved on my Tivo too! 

No comments: