Friday, February 13, 2009

Chocolate IS my Fantasy



So Brenda, Kelly and I went to the Kidney Foundation's Chocolate Fantasy last weekend. I told Brenda she lucked up..what a prefect event for a pregnant girl! Kelly and I didn't have it so lucky, but we still splurged! There were 33 vendors from On the Border to Subway to Dinstuhl's to Kooky Canuck sharing their chocolateness! The event was at the Oak Court Mall and was an event I won't miss next year. Each vendor had their own version of Chocolate Fantasy ready for us to sample. We were given a paper bag to collect the items we wanted to save. I pretty much tried it all and saved only a few non-perishable items. I actually ate them for breakfast the next day! Breakfast of Champions.. At the end of the tasting we voted for our favorites. Brenda voted for Lucchesi's Chocolate Cookie, Kelly voted for the Crepe Maker's Nutella Crepe and I voted for The Cookie Florist's Dirt Cake (Mouse). Most all were amazing, we especially enjoyed speaking with the owner of the Crepe Maker in Collierville. He was showing us how to make these at home. I remember my Uncle Behrad making crepes all the time when he lived in Knoxville..so that brought back some memories. 

No comments: