Monday, February 23, 2009

Bollywood Oscars




Well I really wanted to dress up and have a party for the 81st Oscars, but after 4 nights in a row out on the town..I settled for sweatpants and a tshirt and Kelly and her corn dip :) Nothing fancy, but good company and a great awards show. Tony came in after the first hour, he had to get out of the house after my cleaning obsession so I could sit my butt on the couch and watch E!'s entire Red Carpet and Pre-Red Carpet coverage. I love to watch all the red carpet dresses and these are the ones I want in my closet:
Taraji P. Henson's dresses was gorgeous. A lot of this color done, but hers looks great on her skin tone.  Her hair looked great too. Not hard out here for a pimp no more. 


Sarah Jessica Parker is Dior Haute Couture. I loved this dress. She looked like a modern day sexy princess. The light green color was very different. I loved the fitted bustier top part to"Carrie" it up!

Natalie Portman in Rodarte. She had a gorgeous tan that made the pink really stand out. Her hair was gorgeous too. 

Kate Winslet's YSL dress looked fabulous on her, it was just a little odd, but I think that it was her night, so I wouldn't mind having this dress. Although her dress wasn't my fave, her hair and make up were perfection.


I wish Angelina Jolie would wear something other than black, but she looked so hot! She was rockin those Emeralds!


Ann Hathaway rocked that pale skin in the silvery Armani Prive dress. I would love to have that one. 


I must say my favorite Oscar moment was the Bollywood Dance number and John Legend. Super weird how Peter Gabriel stepped out, but I would much rather see John Legend do the song from Wall-E anyway. I know some Bollywood dance and have always loved it. I've studied both Bollywood style and Bangra.  It seemed like everything Indian was hot last night. Slumdog winning 8 awards was wonderful, it was one of my favorite movies of all time, and I saw if before all the hype! I really wanted to get up and dance with them last night! 


On the other hand I didn't love Beyonce and Hugh Jackman's performance and tribute to musicals. Absolutely no chemistry there. Although Vanessa Hudgens and Amanda Sigfried were very cute as her backups. Also I wasn't digging the fringe swinging in between Beyonce's legs. 

I really liked Sean Penn's Best Actor speech. Some may criticize because he was too political, but I really appreciate what he had to say. He did speak out for gay rights and prop 8. He did say nice things about our new President. Dustin Lance Black wrote the screen play for MILK and also gave a touching speech to be who you are and also stood up for gay rights. I enjoyed his speech as well.  I like it when people speak their mind and say what they feel, even when it 
is controversial. 


Well, I'm glad I saw all those movies, the ones I didn't see didn't win, so I have more time since award season is over. I told Tony last night that one day I want to go to the Oscars, but I think I'd settle to wear a fabulous dress and go to one of the afterparties..



No comments: