Friday, September 19, 2008

UT Letterman's Football Reunion Part 2


UT vs. UAB September 13, 2008



So after getting home, walking Lennox and Lane, then waking up and walking Lennox and Lane, we headed up to campus for tailgating behind the Neyland-Thompson Sports complex. Buddy's BBQ catered it, and as I am doing my Memphis BBQ tour, I will have to say it was pretty good BBQ. Buddy's is sooo Knoxville, it had been a long time since I had it last. We saw Tee Martin, Karlton Neal and Jekia. We waited on Mikki, but he didn't make it and we had to hurry. After the tailgate, we rushed to the stadium in time for kickoff..Whew! It was a very hot, hot, hot game! Dad and Kamron sat in X4, we sat in Z somewhere..great seats, but it was so dang hot! The Vols looked pretty good this week, not extraordinary, but pretty good. The halftime show was great. They brought all the football letterman on the field from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. Tony's class of 00 guys was pretty small. I loved seeing the 80's and 90's guys because that's when I was really watching UT football. 

Football Letterman of the 1980's


Football Letterman of the 90's



Football Letterman of 2000 and beyond..
(Tony's class!)




We stayed until the end, it was so hot that I got a little sunburn, which was nice bc I need some color, as Neisha said "She's never seen me that pale" :) I just got a little unlucky this summer with our 2 beach trips getting pretty much rained out. After the game we hit up a couple tailgates then made it on our way home. That night we met with with the FHS crew and UT guys at Smokey Mountain Brewery in Turkey Creek. They boast 38 flatscreens and it is a great spot to watch a game! 

No comments: