Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin's NO Pit Bull


I'm not trying to go overboard here, but I'm disgusted at Sarah Palin's comparison of herself as a 'Hockey Mom' with lipstick to a Pit Bull. Why must everyone constantly use a comparison to this wonderful breed? Now if she were referring to loyalty, devotion and uncommitted love to people then I understand, but I have a feeling after the extreme negativeness of her comments on Barack Obama; I don't think that's where she was going. I'll give credit to McCain's speech writer whom has admitted writing most of her speech (and before the VP nominee was even known) and not to her on that comment, but I guess since the truth is not all in the open at the RNC then we will never know who actually wrote that punch at my favorite breed. All the work we do to get people do have a positive view of Pit Bulls and someone to throw some crap out there in the national spotlight is extremely aggravating! Google Palin Pit Bull and see what you find..
"Beneath the lip stick Palin is a Pit Bull waiting to attack", and "Palin unmasks her 'pit bull persona" Sydney Morning Herald
"Pit Bull Palin sinks teeth into Obama", Chicago Sun Times
"Clearly in Palin, McCain found the political attack dog that every good vice presidential candidate is expected to be." Salt Lake Tribune
The comments and stories with comparison to Pit Bulls in a negative light now go on and on thanks to that comment that created a roar of cheers and laughter from the Republican party. 
 I am obviously a Barack Obama supporter, but if he or any other Democrat made a comment such as this I would be equally as upset. Well here you go Sarah Palin, new darling of the Republican Party that I hadn't heard of a week ago, here's my big boy in a 'Hockey Mom' bra, its as good at it gets considering dogs don't even have lips to wear lipstick!! 

1 comment:

Rufus said...

Kembree, the pit bull comment was ad libbed... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/sarah-palin-rnc-conventio_n_123703.html has the text of the speech and it wasn;t there.. same with Rudy..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/rudy-giuliani-rnc-speech_n_123662.html

lots of the "good, snarky stuff" is missing from the transcript. But, we dogs have pretty dang good hearing and we catch all of that...

Rufus