Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rambling..

Whew! This past weekend wore me out. I hope to get our pictures from the UT/UAB game up soon. Announcement!!- Lennox and Lane made the Humane Society calendar!! Thank you so much to everyone that voted! I think they came in 8th place, but I will find out officially when they tabulate all the voting. The picture of them together won. I need to just submit one next 
year instead of confusing everyone with which one to vote for. I'm just so happy they got in. 
 
  


Monday, I attended my second ACT meeting (Animal Cruelty Taskforce). It was wonderful to be with a group of people that truly care about animals in our city. We are really working hard to get some of the laws changed. I will say that I was somewhat discouraged when the two men that set Hope on fire got off last week with no charges against them. At least the men did jail time, but who am I kidding, they aren't men, they are boys, who obviously have major issues considering they could hold down a puppy and set the poor thing on fire. Vincent Boykin and Tristan Hataway are on the streets, keep an eye out for them, it might not be an animal next, it could be a child..There are so many issues to tackle but next on our agenda we are working to get our next task accomplished which is getting road side sales of puppies banned. One thing at a time. I also got to meet a couple that does Pit Bull rescue. They have 17 Pit Bulls in their house that they have rescued off the road and have been abandoned. They do this all on their own, I really want to help them with a fundraiser. This will be one of my upcoming projects. Also, today I found out that two of my good friends entered the world of blogging and I have added them to my blog list..Ashley and Teshia. I'm looking forward to keeping up with them. Lastly, saying goodbye to Lane's hand-me-down dog bed has bitten the dust literally..thanks to Lane himself, he will no longer have a dog bed in his crate..just old towels. Thanks Lane..

1 comment:

The Ritters said...

Such a good picture of Lane!

Bless your heart for joining the task force! It makes me so sad when I hear about animal abuse. I always ask, how can someone do that? Guess they aren't mentally right. Congrats to your babies on making the calendar!