Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Watered Down Beer at TJ Mulligan's Trinity and You have to Pay for it!


Public Service Announcement for Bad Beer: (I don't even drink beer) 

I just have to post this bc I am the drama queen in our relationship and Tony is so laid back and never makes a big deal out of anything. He doesn't ever complain, unlike me! He just got home from TJ Mulligan's Trinity with Shannon for a guys night while I was at Taste of West Memphis with Brooke. Anyway, he orders a beer. Drinks the beer and it was watered down and flat. So he tells the waitress to replace the beer. She does, he drinks the replacement it was fine. He gets the bill, they charge him for 2 beers. He asks the waitress about it, he had one sip of the beer and returned it. She says she can't remove it bc he drank 'some of it'. Tony asks to speak to the manager. The manager says you drank that beer from the same tap as the good beer and I replaced it myself, so you have to pay the full amount. Explaining there is no way it was bad or watered down.  Tony explains (like come on...) we come in there all the time, we do trivia almost every MNF, its 1 mile from our house. He, Shannon and Avery always are in there playin Golden Tee or that ShuffleBoard game. The manager says he has never seen Tony and Shannon and tells him he must pay the bill. 

Ok, so ya, it was under $5, actually $2.50 for the beer, that's not the point. Who makes customers pay for bad drinks!? Especially a place that we frequent!? What does Tony benefit from taking a sip from a beer and wanting a new one? How much does that draft beer even cost Mulligan's...enough to piss all of us off now and me post it..?? I guess it was worth it for them. 

Just want everyone to be aware...Again Tony is so laid back and never complains, so I just want locals to read this, BAD customer service at TJ Mulligan's Trinity pass it on..

Update: Tony wanted me to add that is was the night manager DANIEL who has NEVER seen he or Shannon in there (who go atleast once a week) and that the waitress was going to take it off but DANIEL would not let her...

6 comments:

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

wow - horrible customer service

sorry
deb and the brats

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous! Just give the man a fresh beer and move on. DANIEL is the manager at a dive bar and not a financial wiz!

Kembree said...

Thanks, it isnt huge in the sceme of things, but to charge for a watered down/flat beer?? I have been to several bars and the bartender wanting to make me a drink to try, if I didnt like it they have NEVER charged me. Just so irritating! We should just stick to the best bartender in Memphis, Brett at Flemings :)

Unknown said...

I go there several times a week so I tale this to heart! I know most of the managers there with the execption of this one! I have to speak up b/c this is a great place to hang out! I have only the best service from trinity mulligans! Since I also work with the public I have to say you can't please everbody, and sometimes you get a bad seed!

Kembree said...

Carrie,
Can you beleive this happened? I mean who doesnt just replace the beer?? We go there so much and do enjoy ourselves, but when he was treated like that...it just sucks..

Unknown said...

One night at Fleming's I had a table order a Mich Ultra from me. We don;t have draft because we are a wine bar so I took a cold glass and a Mich Ultra bottle to the table poured it in front of them and walked away. When I went back the lady said her beer was not a Mich Ultra. I looked at her cross eyed and said, "Yes...it is. I poured it in front of you". She insisted that I was wrong and requested another beer. I took my sweet ass time but I got her another beer, without a glass this time, and didn't charge her for it. Point being, even though she was so obviously wrong and extremely rude I still gave her what she wanted and didn't charge her. And our bottle beers are $5!!!