Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Memphis BBQ Tour Part Three




Our third stop on our Memphis BBQ tour was Cozy Corner. Cozy corner is off Danny Thomas at the corner of Parkway.  I will start off by saying the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent. 

Reviews for September 5, 2008

Randy and Diane: The bbq sandwich was more like a pork roast sandwich with sauce. Diane like the Cornish Game hens. Randy liked the
corn cooked with bbq. The slaw and beans were good, but did not compare to Interstate. 

Courtney: Loved the Cornish Game Hen, moist and seasoned perfectly. I thought the park sandwich and their version of bbq spaghetti were both really bad. Their sauce had too much vinegar in it for my taste and pork was sliced instead of pulled and
not tender at all. 
Kembree: I too had the Cornish Game Hen and absolutely loved it. Probably some of the best chicken I had ever had. I love the bbq corn as well. Now, the sauce was too sour tasting for me. It was in the bbq spaghetti and it was just too soury and the noodles were kinda undercooked. The sandwich was ok, but the sauce messed it up for me. I took a bologna sandwich home and ate it the next day. It was a huge thick cut of bologna. I liked it but would have rather had a thinner crisper slice. I ate half of it and felt like I gained 5 lbs. 

Regina: I had the bologna sandwich. I wound up using my fork to eat it which was fine. I like the sauce and the slaw. I think I would have liked the meat in a few smaller slices instead of a slab. Smaller pieces would give more surface area for the charred taste. Diane gave me a rib which was pretty much what the ribs of my dreams are. I would order ribs next time. Didn't like the pork sandwich, "What was that!?"

Tony: Best spot so far. Loved the ribs. Smoked perfectly and were not boiled! I took the sweet potato pie home and it was delicious. 



No comments: