Thursday, October 9, 2008

Addison Turns One!


Putting Addison to work..




Gettin so fresh and so clean...




I don't know about these shoes Mommy..




Doesn't Addison look just like her Aunt Kembree!?!??




Is the hat too much?



Ready to party..



Rockin the pink bow...



I like this stuffed crust!




What am I supposed to do with this?




Whew, that cake thing is over..




We flew into Atlanta last Saturday just in time for my niece Addison's 1st birthday.  it was important to me to be there because I missed my nephew Brayden's 1st birthday because I was in Detroit for the Super Bowl. Tony was playing at the time, so isn't that an okay reason to miss!?..anyway...Brayden and Dad picked us up from the airport and we stopped at the ChickFilA Dwarf House . We had been there one other time and it was kinda cool bc its the original first ChickFilA and they serve burgers! All those fabulous advertisements with the cow saying "Eat more Chickin" and they started serving burgers. I had one. It was ok, I prefer the chicken. I guess I know why they went on with the chicken sandwiches. They are my favorite chicken sandwich, I don't think anyone can beat them. So we make it to the house and its about time for Miss Addison's party. I was in charge of wardrobe. I had to make sure my girl was dressed her best and had Mika go out and get her a pink bow! It was a her first time wearing one! Of course for her birthday, no better time. I got her cute pink dress months ago, but knew it was what she had to wear. Addison had several guests. Her nieces and nephews and several other family friends. Well the party is about to begin and no Kamron, Heather or Mom. They had drove from Knoxville that morning, but since there was a gas shortage, they were driving around looking for gas and waiting in long lines..oh the drama! But they made it shortly after the start of the party and just in time for the yummy pizza! Oh, I was in charge of ordering that and had too much fun picking all the crusts out and different toppings. After food it was time for the cake. Addison went topless for this one. Isn't it cool when you are One and you can just take your shirt off so you don't dirty up your party dress? Well Addison liked her cake at first, but then when everyone kept putting her little hand in the cake she didn't like it too much. Poor thing! It was a busy afternoon I was off and on watching UT lose to Auburn..what a game! Ugh!!..at least we had the party to distract us. We went outside for a little while and a cute little beagle ran up. She got out of her electric fence so Dad, Brayden, Tony and I walked her up and down the streets trying to find her home, no luck. Dad and Brayden made signs, we posted them, then Mom went down another street and found her owners. That night Mika and Robert were supposed to go see OAR, but all of us were too pooped to go out, so Mika and Robert opted for a movie. The next day we took the dogs on a nice long walk. Poor Maax who is about to be 15 in December, got to ride on the bottom of Brayden's stroller since he couldn't make it the whole way. That afternoon we went over to Bahman and Chrystal's for some Kabob and Rice! Yummy, my favorite! They were delicious! Brayden had fun 'stepping on' Tony and Kamron, he kept saying it over and over.  We also had a blast teaching Brayden to say Barack Obama for President. We were cracking up bc he kept saying it. I don't know if Brayden's Republican Daddy understood what he was saying..but it was totally funny to us!  We hung out and watched football all afternoon including watching the Cowboys lose. We went home after the games and went straight to bed so we could wake up bright and early for our flights..

3 comments:

Angelia said...

Such a cute baby!!!!

natasha-nolan said...

Addison is adorable!! LOVE LOVE LOVE her birthday dress~ good choice :) So glad you had fun with your family!!!

Laura said...

Sounds like a wonderful party! I bet you are an amazing aunt!