Friday, August 22, 2008

Orange Blazers to Greatest American Dog...



Football season is almost here and I am totally ready. Now don't get me wrong, I like every other "True American" have been staying up late and falling asleep to the Olympic coverage.  I think I"m going to be sad the see the closing ceremonies. Track and Field is my favorite,  so I'm glad that has started up. Love some Michael Phelps, but enough is enough...now back to football. I see that my 'throwback' Vol Hostess blazer is making a comeback. I know Bruce Pearl sported a similar one, but now according to the UT Alumni emails, you can have your very own. So much for me saving my old one for the memories. Yes, you too can have your very own UT orange blazer for $229 and as an added bonus you get a nice navy blue one, I guess if you are coming up to a game with the Vol Navy or something it might come in handy!!  I've included an order form, so you all can order yours now, hurry only 10 more days until the season starts! While I was a Vol Hostess (for 6 years!!) we got away from the orange blazer thing and went for some terrible sweater that looked like a varsity cheerleading top. Thank goodness I can wear lots of fun orange in my style since those Vol Hostess Days. We are really looking forward to the Letterman's reunion for the home opener. I feel like I was part of the football team when I was in school, since so many guys on the team were my close friends then I got to relive it when Tony was in school. Remember I was leaving college and all those crazy times..... then I meet Tony and start it all over again! That's how I stayed so young, living college again through him. 

Well My 32nd birthday is in less than a week. Whew! 32 just feels...older...And I really felt old when Tony said last night,
 ya and I have 3 more y
ears before I'm 30! Ugh, thanks..we celebrated Jessica's birthday at Blue Monkey this month and Alane had a birthday last week in Knoxville. So I'm in good company for August Birthdays. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE to celebrate my birthday. Since I moved to Memphis  7 years ago, I've had a fun girl's night on the Thursday around my actual 
   birthday. I was always Tony-less on my bday's bc Tony was always starting the football season. It's actually nice the since the past year 
that I get to celebrate with him, but I haven't gotten away from still doing a girls nigh
t, they got my through a lot being alone! This year we are going to Mollie Fontaine Lounge. I can't wait!!!!
   
                            
                                               Something else great we did on the  date of 8.8.08 was going to Katie and Michael's wedding, it was a lot of fun!!..not to mention delicious food! A couple weeks before they had a super-fun Mexican Theme couples shower..we
 all had a blast...and you can tell in the above picture!










Lane and I have enjoyed watching Greatest American Dog. Tony and Lennox really haven't gotten into like we did. Lennox doesn't watch TV. He has more important things to do, like relax on the couch. I'm not
 sure who we are rooting for, but I think Lane wants to jump in the TV and play with the other dogs sometimes. Not sure yet who we are rooting for, but it might be the Boxer, Presley.  I can't imagine Lennox or Lane on there doing all the tricks and such they have to do...I consider them The Greatest American Dogs...

No comments: