Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8 Great Years!






I know I am behind on things going on in my life, but I am going to catch up and be current soon, that being said..I couldn't not post something about my anniversary with Tony. We met 8 years ago on July 18. We had a weekend of celebrating this year. On Friday, the actual date, we went to Itta Bena downtown. Itta Bena is the small Mississippi town where BB King was born. Its a newer restaurant, less than a year old. They don't advertise, its strictly word of mouth. It actually in the same building as BB Kings, but there is a separate entrance. We made reservations, I don't know why bc there were only about 4 other people in there when we got there and about 12 in there total when we left. The service was great, the food was excellent, I just think next time we will go a little later. After that we did something we never do-hang out on Beale Street! We made our way down to Ground Zero, decided we would come back later..then to the Westin bar. Love the Westin hotel, so new and contemporary. From there we walked down Beale and watched all the street entertainers, the flippers, the singers..went to Rum Boogie for a little while to hear a Stax cover band, walked down Beale again and I pooped out! The next day I ran another 5k for the Make a Wish foundation and that night was Earth Wind and Fire. The Botanic Garden is an awesome outdoor venue. We saw Al Green there last year. Its so fun to bring your own food and drinks, grab a blanket and a lawn chair. We went with Cedrick, significant bc Ced actually is the reason Tony and I met. 8 long years ago, Ced called me and told me that he and Jamal were having a party in Gatlinburg and to come and bring some girls. I did, everyone else hooked up with someone and Tony and I were left..the rest is history..more than I feel like typing right now, but nonetheless that's when I met my Freshman to be Tony Brown. Did I mention I was graduating with my Masters the next month??...anyway back to current time and EWF! Kelly and her aunt had tickets and we shared our blankets with them too. Made for a fun evening! EWF was a lot of fun, they did all their hits...September, Boogie Wonderland, Shining Star, After the Love is Gone, Reasons..I could go on and on, they have so many hits! We were all up dancing. Yes after going through about 4 bottles of wine and at least a case of beer, everyone was dancing. Here's to 8 Great Years..and many more to come! 

2 comments:

Angy said...

Congrats on 8 years Kembree!

rebecca said...

Congrats on your anniversary!