Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not a creature was stirring...


...well Lane was sure stirring. This is a late Christmas story I wanted to post. Christmas Eve Eve I found an awesome dog bed for under $20 at TJ Maxx that I had seen elsewhere for over $40, so I was super excited! And it was creme and brown so it matched our decor and the creme would be great for our Lane 'shedding fur everywhere in the house' situation. So I gave it to the dogs and immediately Lane was really into it, much for than Lennox. So I'm all around the house doing laundry and such and we kept hearing this scratching noise coming from the wall. Literally IN the wall between the pantry and the oven. Very odd bc there is only about 5 inches of wall separating and it was coming from there. I had called Lennox and Lane in there to 'get it' whatever it was and they acted very Uninterested. The noise kept coming back...ugh..dreading what the heck that noise was, but it was so darn loud, and who is going to come out to our house at this time and how much is it going to cost us. So the noise/scratching pretty much stopped and I kept doing what I was doing, Tony was working on my shoe shelf in the closet and just going about the evening. So...next thing I know Lane is on the bed eating something..he is really quiet and Lennox is just sitting on the rug, they think is their bed, anyway I call Lane and he won't come. So I go over and see what he has. Lane will pick up a nail off the ground and chew on it if we let him and since moving all kinda of 'crap' is on the floor. So I have to keep an eye on Lane. Well I walk over to his brand new creme bed and...well something wet and dark brown was on the bed. To be honest I thought at first it was throw up or poop and he was eating it to cover it up. Well after looking closely I saw red everywhere..then...a long tail. EWWWWW....AHHHHHH...Screams...yells...TONY!!!!!!.....Tony rushes in and yep! Its a baby mouse!!!! Tony picks in up and throws it away in the garbage and I guess analyzed it (the poor thing had a hole in his little head). Blood was everywhere on the new bed and luckily after immediately throwing it in the washing machine it actually came out! Gross Christmas story I know...but one I needed to share...rest in peace little Christmas Mouse...

3 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeww at least the bed came clean

laura said...

Try sleeping with one like I did! My cats were driving me crazy one night so I shut them out of my room. They were still going nuts in the morning and it was when I was getting dressed that I found what had them so worked up; a sticky dead mouse all tucked into the blanket on my bed! I don't care how proud they were, I still had hysterics!!

Kembree said...

gross Laura!! Gross! I hope there arent anymore..we see some cats in our woods and hope they were getting them, but I guess Lane is a hunter..!?!