Saturday, November 8, 2008

One and Only our 5th Stop on the Memphis BBQ Tour


One and Only BBQ opened in November of 2007. Just being opened a year and located on Kirby Parkway in East Memphis, just down the road from us, we were not sure what to expect. One and Only is owned by two friends who talked about opening up their own place, and one day, they just did it. We met Charles Quarles, one of the owners, he took our order and served our food. He even took our group picture. We couldn't have asked for better personal service. 

We went to One and Only on October 13, 2008.
Tony's Review: I got the whole slab of ribs. I got half wet and half dry. I may not be the best one to judge dry ribs bc I really don't like them. I really prefer wet and these were very good, but not awesome.  The beans were average as well as the fries. I give the ribs a 3.5. 

Courtney's Review: I really enjoyed the pulled pork, lots of 'outside' meat which I love. The sauces were both good, but my favorite was the hot because it wasn't too hot, more like a sweet heat. Service was great, and Charles the owner couldn't have been nicer. I will definitely be back. (Don't order the fruit cocktail as a side).

Regina's Review:  The pulled pork was pretty good. I liked how you put your own sauce on the meat. Both sauces were good, but I preferred the mild.  The ribs surprised me! I had not been a fan of dry ribs before but those were DELICIOUS. The meat was not overcome by the spices which is the problem I have had with dry ribs in the past. I liked them better than the wet ribs. The slaw did not have any distinguishing characteristics but the beans were yummy.  The loaded potato salad was quite good. Overall I give it a 3.5.

Diane and Randy's Review:  Once again the bbq was just ok. The sauce on the table was nice. The bbq was a 3.  Interstate has been the best so far.

My Review:  I got the bbq sandwich and it was pretty good. I used both the mild and spicy sauces. The spicy was more peppery than hot. I got fries and the fruit salad as my sides. The fries were ok, nothing special and the fruit salad was too syrupy for my taste, just something out of the Dole Fruit Cocktail can. I would give the bbq a 3 and definitely think this is a great place, especially for a new start up. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm so jealous! I want to do a Memphis BBQ tour! I haven't found anything worth eating out here.