Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old Style Bar-B-Que in Olive Branch, MS the 4th Stop



Ok, so I still have to post Lennox's Birthday, 1998 Championship Reunion, Halloween and Election, but I had this one ready..just waiting on a review...

Our 4th stop on our bbq tour took us to Olive Branch, MS. We ate at Old Style Bar-B-Que. it was a cool spot I found in our Entertainment Book. It is shaped like a big barn and has a drive thru, a sit down restaurant side and a fast food restaurant side.  You must check out their wall of beauty queens. They have Miss Olive Branch from every year. Randy and Tony picked their favorites. We also did a littletour of Old Town Olive Branch and checked out a bakery. 

We went to Old Style on Friday October 3, 2008.

My review: I wasn't too sure about this place, bc of the barn shape and the 'fast food' side, but wanted to try a place no one had heard of.  I got the chicken, which was terrible and very dry.  I also had the bbq which was fabulous. It was had a great taste to it and it was pulled how I like it. I got cinnamon apples for my side which were ok. The sweet tea was good and sweet and the service was great.  I loved the garlic bread, it was a nice/different touch from the plain white bread that we are used to getting. 
I did notice their seemed to be a lot of locals which is nice bc it must be a good neighborhood spot.


Tony's review: Tony got the ribs. He said they were the best ribs he has eaten so far. 
They definitely had a smokey flavor. We learned that they had their own special 'secret' sauce on them. He also had the bbq and liked it a lot too also had the turnip greens which were good, but he prefers collard greens. He says this is the best place yet and surprised bc it was in Olive Branch, MS. 


Randy and Diane: Randy loved the ribs and thought the bbq was pretty good. Diane had the chicken and the pulled bbq and liked the bbq, but said the chicken was "not very good and like the chicken from a bag of 35 frozen chicken breasts"


Linda: (Giving her first review for the team): The environment was welcoming, busy and smelled like the food to come. I appreciated the friendless with which we were seated and served. Our waitress was 
accurate, attentive and very busy.  I loved the barbequed chicken and taste it whenever it is offered.  It tasted like it had been prepared through brining before cooking, which lent the chicken to be moist and tender.  My portion was half of a small fryer, a reasonable lunch portion.  The barbeque sauce made a tasty coating. 
I wasn't crazy about the baked beans, their flavor was very ordinary and their sauce was sweet.  I enjoyed the cole slaw bc it wasn't too soupy.  It was a nice tart companion to the chicken.  The garlic bread was a pleasant surprise.  I would definitely return to Old Style , and when I do I will try the ribs which looked delicious
 along with their well cooked greens. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate it a 3.5. 

No comments: