Saturday, March 13, 2010

Central on Summer is #23






We went to Central BBQ on Summer Avenue on October 2, 2009. We went to celebrate Randy's birthday and sat outside on the patio.


Brett's Review: Central on Summer was delicious as usual. I got the sausage and cheese plate for the table and except for the sausage coming out lukewarm it was pretty good. My bbq sandwich was delicious as usual. I love the new big screen TV's they added earlier this year. Since it was kinda crowded inside, we sat outside on the front patio and had a very pleasant lunch. Central on Summer gets a 4 out of 5 for me.

Courtney's Review: I have always been a fan of Central bbq and I always order the pork sandwich. This time I decided to try something different and ordered the smoked
turkey sandwich. So good! They slice the turkey really thin so its easy to eat and it has such a great smoked flavor. I topped it with their mild BBQ sauce and it was delicious. I'll definitely order that again.


Kembree's Review: Gosh, I don't know what it is..I just don't see what is so special about Central BBQ...we
decided to do this 2nd location so we could get a better experience and I am sorry Central, I just didn't. The customer service when ordering was okay, I asked a question and got a finger point. I got the sandwich and it was not as hot in temperature as I would have wanted. It was average, just plain average. The mac and cheese was gross and the fries were plain. The sausage and cheese were ok..the presentation was nice. I mean I loved sitting outside and the weather was gorgeous. As Brett mentioned they had TV's inside, maybe it would be fun to watch a game here..
The best part was celebrating Randy's birthday and the Muddy's cupcakes that Diane brought for Randy's birthday celebration. Central always wins the reader's polls in the CA and the Flyer, but I think these people have never tried anything else, which is sad. Central gets a 3.5 out of 5 from me.

Tony's Review: I didn't care for the ribs at the other Central location, too greasy for me. All we hear about is how good this place is. Giving it a second try, the experience was alright. The
food is average and the service is okay. The sandwich was dry, but the sauce was pretty good. There are so many other spots in Memphis to check out. I give it a 3 out of 5.

Diane's Review: Central on Summer was not a real standout. I will just say average and give it a 3 out of 5. One of the things I didn't like was the inside. It was dark and certainly not cheerful. Since we dined outside, it was more pleasant.

Randy's Review: More outstanding than the actual bbq was my birthday celebration. It was celebrated al fresco at Central's suburban location. Nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave about either. I give the sandwich a 3 out of 5.

No comments: