Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Savannah, Tybee Island and Hilton Head

Well according to WREG we recorded the hottest day of the year today in Memphis..thank goodness I didn't have any running plans, or really any plans to be outside much. Slow day today so I thought I would share some pictures from our recent trip to Savannah, Tybee Island and Hilton Head over the 4th of July weekend.  Mika and Robert called us on  Sunday to tell us that they rented a house in Hilton Head (Sea Pines) for a week starting Saturday. Monday I booked Tony and I flights, but into Charleston, SC as they were $200 a piece cheaper. So I called up Erin who's boyfriend John lives in Savannah to see what they were up to for the 4th. Sure enough she was gonna be down there and we got to all hook up for a fun couple of days. We had tons of fun Friday night watching the fireworks in John's neighborhood on Skidaway Island, then out on the town in Savannah. After a minor contact setback (I was blind for an hour or so..hence the pink looking eye in the picture) I was good to go. Erin and I were in control after the boys had way too much fun at the bar-Kevin Barry's messing with the bartender who's name was Moses. We decided we all needed food at this point and went to Sweet Melissa's for their famous pizza according to Brooke, to no avail, they were out, so we ate hot dogs. Yes, went to get the famous pizza and they were out! The next day we played horseshoes (there is a first time for everything) on Tybee Island and fed the alligators at the Crab Shack. Tony and I made the hour and a half drive from there to Hilton Head that night to see Mika, Robert, Brayden, Addison and WesleyDog. Addison was majorly in the 9 month stage of not wanting to go to anyone but 'mommy and daddy' so we spent a lot of time with Brayden, who at 3 is now talking up a storm!! Whew! Conversations are mainly about the 5 T's- trucks, trains, trolleys, tractors,  Thomas, and Steam Rollers. We rode the trolley one night and he wanted to know where the trolley went 'night-night' bc we weren't about to ride it again, so we said he needed to go 'night-night".  Brayden asked on the phone before we came if Tony was 'Bringing his Steam Roller' Didn't know we had one!?!? We also did a lot of bike riding while we were there. That's the 'thing' in Sea Pines. I loved it and vowed that I would ride my bike more here. Like to Jazzercise and such, although I haven't yet. It's just been too hot! Oh and we did make it to the famous Salty Dog and ate on the patio there. I got Lennox and Lane souvenir bandannas there, which reminds me that I need to get a picture of them in those and share it with everyone. 





No comments: