Monday, July 28, 2008

No More Caspian for now..









Had a fun weekend!! Friday night Tony and I had the Oprah/Trump (Mar-a-Lago) burger over at Randy and Diane's. They were yummy, couldnt stay up too late, bc Andrea, Kelly, Belinda and I ran a 5k to benefit Friends for Life early the next morning. I had done a Hula for their Volunteer night and they seemed to be a great organization. It was a fun 5k, sorry no pictures, it poured rain right as we crossed the finish line and caught our breath. I did have one of my best times in the 31:5oish range. Andrea still beat me, but atleast I have someone to chase! We are doing one, maybe two this weekend and I'll try to take pics then. Saturday night we went to a fun shower for Katie and Michael. They have a lot of fun people in their wedding party that threw them a super-fun shower! I will add pictures later, because I do have some funny ones from that night.  Sunday we finally went and saw Batman. It was good, but not worth all the hype in my opinion. Maybe that's just not my genre of movie or something. Heath Ledger was AMAZING as the Joker and does deserve some sort of award, not sure an Oscar, but maybe a nomination, its still early...  Later that night we ate at Osaka, my favorite sushi spot in Memphis, with Julie and Greg.  Julie is starting a cake making company called Cake Couture, be on the lookout for that, when I get more info, I"ll blog about it. Today, Winter and I had lunch at Caspian Restaurant for the last time. They are closing down in hopes of reopening as a hookah lounge in the next month or so, keep your fingers crossed bc I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't eat koobideh or boneless chicken anymore in Memphis!!!!! We were the last ones in there...ever..well until they open back up as a Hookah Bar...

No comments: