Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#21 Boss Hog B-B-Q in Southaven



We went to Boss Hog B-B-Q on Monday August 24th in Southaven, MS on Goodman Road.



Diane's Review: Boss Hogg was a small bbq restaurant with a few tables. The bbq was edible, but certainly not memorable. I would give the sandwich a 2. The only impression the restaurant left with me was that the service wasn't very good. Maybe the waitress was overworked or was having a bad day. I would not go back, there were too many other good places with better food and ambiance.

Kembree's Review: Well this was my birthday bbq, and Brett's and wow we couldn't have picked a worse spot, well maybe we could have, but this place was pretty lacking. No atmosphere and in a strip mall, but what drew me to it was a good website advertising coupons and birthday specials. No birthday atmosphere at all. The bbq was just okay, the average run of the mill, and had fried corn on the cob which sounded good, but was FREEZING cold in the center..it was pretty gross. I would give the bbq sandwich a 2 out of 5. And I don't even need to touch on the bad service and how she ignored me
a couple of times.

Randy's Review: Boss Hogg was so mediocre I don't remember the food or even being there. Considering the amnesia that I have from such boring bbq, I give them a 2.5 out of 5.

Regina's Review: Not very good and the service was not friendly.

Courtney's Review: I had the pulled pork sandwich and I really liked it. the bbq sauce was one of my favorites so far. The meat was flavorful and tender and it even came on a toasted bun. The fries were pretty bad, frozen and then fried and served at room temperature. What will keep me from going back was the terrible service from our waitress. She was so rude an apparently hates her job. We have been to too many places with good food and better service to waste the gas to drive out to Boss Hoggs.

Tony's Review: Went here for Kembree's and Brett's birthday. It was okay. I have had better, its near one of the hospitals I call on, but I don't see myself returning here. The service was too bad and some of the food was cold. I give Boss Hogg's a 2 out of 5..mostly for lack of atmosphere.

Brett's Review: this place was really bad! Room temp frys are gross. Beans that taste like the canned pork&beans I ate as a kid are gross. A waitress who's attitude was the only thing uglier than her appearance was insulting. Seriously, if it's 12:30 and 7 out of the 10 people in the restaurant are at one table you might wanna be nice to them. The one nice thing I have to say about this sorry excuse for a restaurant is the BBQ sauce was pretty good. However, that is still tainted. It looked disgusting. Warm up some tomato paste in a pot then let it sit till it cools again. Now put that sauce on pulled pork ordered from sysco. How appetizing does that sound? I give Boss Hog a very generous 0.5/5. Never ever go here.

3 comments:

Mocha Frugalista said...

OMG your post made me miss home!!! My favorite bbq place was the Tops at I-55 and Stateline Road. OMG yum!

Unknown said...

Did I get censored? I don't even remember what I wrote but I assume I called Boss Hog's a bad word. Sorry bout that.

Kembree said...

Brett, I don't know..I copied and pasted yours..lemme fix it! Sorry!